What do an effort index, intangible assets and credit constraints on Spanish firms have in common? The answer can be found in Ivie’s Annual Report, a 75 page document which describes in detail all the Institute’s activities carried out in 2013 and of its team of 46 people.
For example in 2013 the European project SPINTAN, a research coordinated by the Ivie and promoted and funded by the European Union within its 7th Framework Programme, was launched with its aim being to analyse the impact of public sector intangibles on innovation, well-being and “smart” growth (including the role of education, R&D and innovation, and the construction of a digital society).
Spanish firms and their productivity, Spanish university rankings or the economic impact of Valencia’s Annual Marathon are other key activities developed by the Ivie in 2013. Also, the Institute has continued its research on issues such as capital stock, the labour market and human capital. Furthermore, in this year the third edition of the BBVA Foundation-Ivie Report on Growth and Competitiveness has been published.
Here are some of Ivie’s 2013 figures:
- During 2013, Ivie’s senior and associate researchers wrote 21 books, published or forthcoming. They also published a total of 139 scientific articles, 79 of which were published in international volumes and refereed journals
- In 2013, 29 researchers from 16 institutions collaborated on several projects developed by the Ivie
- Also during 2013, 23 public and private institutions contributed with funding to the development of the Institute’s research areas and projects
- The Ivie has been involved in 5 international networks
- Several of its 15 databases have been updated during 2013
- Throughout 2013, the Ivie organized 4 seminars and scientific meetings
- Ivie’s activity was spread through Twitter among more than 1,000 followers